August 30, 2006

If only Heidi had a blog...

As she doesn't (and doesn't plan on getting one anytime soon), I told her that should she ever have any "bloggy" thoughts, she could feel free to sound off on mine. This is the first of what I hope is many more installments of "Heidi's Thoughts."

I was out over lunch today trying to enjoy late August for what it is (I miss the heat and humidity!) and found that I was able to do so. Thanks for appreciating the coming of fall, Jen. I've always said that since I complain about the cold I'm not allowed to complain about the heat, but why complain about any of it? God made all the seasons knowing what they would be, didn't He? I always love the transitions...the first buds of spring, the first smells of grilling and cut grass of summer, the changing of the leaves, and the magical first snow. But as the seasons wear on, I let my mind forget the beauty. I suppose in the same way I get annoyed with situations in my life that go on and on, forgetting that God knows, hears my prayers, and lets them continue anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love this, Heidi.

8/30/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

Heidi, this is so true.

That's one thing I miss about MN, seasons and autumn colors.

Here in AZ it's either really HOT or cool (like 30s-40s during winter time). However it's brown & dirt 90% of the year... during monsoon season it becomes green, but that's rare and only about a month at most.

I hear Southern CA is quite nice though.

9/01/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home