August 17, 2006

Paul sure knows how to throw down

1 Corinthians 15:33-34

"Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame."

Dude.

....


This is a cool one - check out those prepositions:

1 Corinthians 8:6

"...yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist."

Whoa, yeh??

4 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

So apparently I'm too old (or too "not with it") to know what "throw down" means....
But DUDE and WHOA summed it up pretty well for me. I find some humor in the straightforwardness Paul uses. Grave humor, at times, but humor, nonetheless. One of my all-time favorites is in Galatians 5, when he speaks of those who are troubling and confusing the Galatians in their faith: "I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!"

If that's not "throwing down," then I don't know what is. ;)

8/17/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ha-ha! True, very true, Heidi.

Galatians - yeah, Paul goes at it in that one...
Love it!

8/18/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

If Paul and myself had a throw down contest... I'd loose.

8/18/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ha-ha!!
Man - "I think everyone would lose" is a bit of an understatement... ;)

8/18/2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home