August 24, 2006

Don't even get me started on this...

So...Tim beat me to it.

I had been thinking for quite a while now about reviewing or plugging for the Valley of Vision CD. I mean, I do nearly have all the lyrics memorized by now, and I've had it--what?--two weeks now? Never mind; maybe that's not too impressive.

But in all seriousness, this CD is absolutely enrapturing. It was in my car stereo for an indefinite period of time and it played through, wrapped around, played through again, repeated as necessary. I had to keep telling myself, Jen - take the CD out now! You're going to get sick of it. Now! Hit the button. Eject. It's right there; that's it... Noooooo, it doesn't matter that the next song just came on! I know, I know; it's one of your favorite songs of all times - but seriously? It's going to get old; I can guarantee it.

I finally made the move two days ago. I jabbed the eject button before the strains of music wafted through my speakers for the next song. And I haven't been able to put a different CD in after it. The CD currently sits right next to me in my cup holder, and every time I get in the car I see it and think, I can just stick it in now...listen to it one time through. I won't get sick of it... (Yes, I do know that it would end up not being one time through the compact-disc; that's why I haven't acted on my thoughts.) But you know, after work, I plan on following through with it. I'm just going to stick it in!

And it all started so innocently when JoAnna plugged for the Valley of Vision book, which prompted me to re-buy it (funny story there) and start reading it. I was hooked! Then Frank divulged the information that there was a CD coming out soon, with the songs written off the Puritan prayers. Thanks, team!
And, there ya have it. Buy both of them. They both come highly recommended!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is also an interesting story as to how Joanna came to know of this book and how she came to acquire it but yes excellent plug for both items. I must agree with Yen they are both worth the purchase.

8/24/2006 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll be next on my list for sure. Thanks for the recommendation.

8/25/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

To be honest, I don't remember divulging that information. Was it while I was there? Had to of been.

Josh Harris posted something on it, I think that's what notified me of it.

And the sad thing is... I still don't own either. o_O


ooh.. I also just received my "The Works of Jonathan Edwards"... I've gone my work cut out for me.

8/25/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

valley of vision rocks. my friends have always had a copy and i've wanted one, but before I could go buy it ben sent me his in the mail. so mad props to ben. ;-)

8/25/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home