September 25, 2006

Senior Moment, Spinach, Stingrays, and Sleep

Don't you hate it when you're thinking about something (and rather enjoyably so), then you blink, and you can't - for the life of you - even remember what you were just thinking about?!

I'm fully convinced the assembly of a fabulous post was underway in the old primary control center for the peripheral nervous system, and it just died in synaptic transit. Consequently, you'll have to put up with this one until next time.

On a completely different note, I've been noticing increasingly more how this blasted e. coli epidemic is affecting my daily living. C'mon, you think we can move a little faster in ridding ourselves of this calamitous occasion of contamination in the leafy green realm?! Please.

Ladies and gentlemen, my life has taken on new form. I am bold, daring, and adventursome; I live on the edge and push the limits. Ok, so I pet a stingray this passed weekend at the Great Lakes Aquarium, along with my partner in crime. It was fun, and we both got a sticker. It says "I touched a stingray!" The entire escapade was the ultimate in photo ops; we didn't get one, but the memory lives on in our minds...

On a final note, I'm in dire need of a little beauty sleep here.
Ciao.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's too bad we didn't get a picture of you harrassing the poor defensless stingray. We otter get more pics next time.

9/25/2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger Lee Shelton said...

You must be one of those "risk-takers" Pastor John talked about this past weekend. Well, you've been an inspiration. Rather than get all bent out of shape worrying about an illness that would cripple Popeye himself, I'm going to make myself a spinach salad for lunch.

You know, one nice thing about the blogosphere is that you learn something new every day. I mean, stingrays in Lake Superior? Who knew?

9/26/2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

the croc hunter was killed by a stingray...you could've died. :-o

9/27/2006 12:13 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Crikey!

Well, just as Steve served to inspire hundreds of little kids to venture out and start playing with bugs, snakes, and lions; I hope to have served my purpose in inspiring such precarious endeavors, such as spinach-eating.

9/27/2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

I see that there are two kinds of people in this world: Those who touch sting-ray's and those who do not.

10/02/2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

See, the way I see it, Frank...it's not ultimately wrapped up in the stingrays; in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind".
Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

10/03/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

Excellent exegesis, I will be consulting the Hibst volume on exegsis rather then wikipedia from here on out :).

It seems that wikipedia is starting to fail me.

10/03/2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, I had instant doubt as soon as I found out it couldn't handle "frostification." Pfft. That did it for me.

10/03/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

PEOPLE!!

It is so wrong that I just realized that the second time I typed "stingray" in this post, I wrote it "stichray." Sweet mercy. First of all, so much for proofreading!! Second of all, who noticed?! C'mon....wouldn't you tell me if I had a piece of spinach between my two front teeth?
Hmph.

At any rate, the situation has been remedied.

10/04/2006 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home