September 14, 2006

A blast from the past


A plaque, identical to the very one pictured in this photograph, hung above my crib, and then my bed, when when I was little. I'd go to bed looking at it every night.

When I was much younger (about 3 years old), I remember (and have heard stories of) when my mother would take me to the grocery store. I was a very gregarious child (I have since grown out of that phase). I would happily greet everyone and anyone I could.

My standard greeting consisted of the following: "HI! Hi, my name is Jennifer Noelle, Fair Lady. 'She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.' Proverbs 31:26. What's your name?" The strangers that I would greet thus typically did not know how to respond. They'd stare dumbfounded, either at me or my mom, and stutter out a response. I'm sure it was just because they couldn't remember the verse that went along with their name...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen2 said...

HHHHEEEEEYYYYY !!
Great name.

:)

9/15/2006 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home