September 12, 2006

Five years...yesterday

This "shape" poem was written a couple days after the events of September 11, 2001. I thought'd I'd dig it out for the five-year marker. And in 15 minutes, it'll be posted two days late. (No, I didn't forget - I'm just dropping the ball.)


..
.....
.........
..................
It looks like snow --
It isn't snow; it's filthy ash.
People rush about their daily
routine. If you look closer, though,
you would see pain, agony, and confusion
etched on their faces. Some walk around in
dazed disbelief, while others gaze longingly
at an empty skyline... Over in a cemetary
stands a lone tree - white with ash and
dust... Strong and bravely we will
stand... So many questions
without answers. All this
ash, and so many
tears...


4 Comments:

Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

Beautiful poem love...hope you are well. :-)

9/13/2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

I second my sister on that.

9/13/2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Jen2 said...

Hrrrrupphhh!

9/15/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks guys - personally, I think it's a little weird to read something written by myself, but I appreciate the comments - thanks for chiming in, Daasy. I laughed out loud.

9/15/2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home