March 29, 2007

Who let that thought in?!

As I was here at work, singing under my breath O, Church Arise by the Getty's, while performing one of the mundane tasks associated with my job, I thought happily to myself, I like my job.

What?! My face dropped in surprise, and I almost laughed out loud. Where did that come from?

Astonishing! I just had to document this day. When God comes in, changes a heart, renews a mind through the truth of Scripture, and adjusts an attitude...there is no doubting that it was Him that brought about such a change.

Teach me, my God and King, in all things Thee to see;
And what I do in anything to do it as to Thee.
All may of Thee partake, nothing can be so mean,
Which with this tincture, for Thy sake, will not grow bright and clean.
A servant with the clause makes drudgery divine;
Who sweeps a room, as for Thy laws, makes that and the action fine.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Ha! Ha! God totally pwned you! HA! You thought you'd be all "Grrrr!" But he was all "Pffft!" and you were like "Whaaaa?!" and he was like "Pshhhh!" and then you were like "Dohhhh!" and he was like "Bwaaaa!" and now you're like "OhhhHHHHhhh!" And he's like "HA!"

Totally.

3/30/2007 2:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So, uh, who's been talking to their 13-year-old girl cousin lately?

Though, that account is surprisingly accurate. :)

3/30/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Craver Vii said...

Armchair sure has a way with words, and yes, it does make sense.

If you're interested, a bunch of us older folks are on a related track at Andre's.

3/30/2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Been there. Posted. Bought a T-Shirt. I'll never be welcomed back. Doh!

3/31/2007 5:06 AM  
Blogger Every Square Inch said...

Jennifer

Excellent! Thanks for sharing how one's perspective changes when God enters the picture. I love advancing christian thought but we cannot reason our way to a better state...we need the grace of God.

Armchair,

You are always welcome back to Every Square Inch. I did not however, get your T-shirt size. Grace to you.

4/03/2007 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home