October 03, 2006

"Gaaack!"

'Twas my reaction upon realizing I was on the back of my church's weekly newsletter.

How awkward.

So, I have a "PO Box" address for my snail mail, and I hadn't gone and picked it up in three weeks. (Oops.) So I had three Bethlehem Stars waiting for me yesterday when I retrieved my mail from the Post Office.

Upon arriving home, I began to look at the three different Stars. As I turned the September 12th one over (it was like it happened in slow-motion), I came to recognize a picture taken this past summer. Granted, no one else would probably recognize me as the picture quality wasn't exeptional; it wasn't even good. But there I was, front and center, among a few others of my small group, posed in front of a Walk for Life banner.

And then I found 20 dollars.

3 Comments:

Blogger Frank Martens said...

Isn't it funny how we look at our own self-portrait and think it looks bad but then everyone else thinks it's great?

*sigh*

v-word is: duuds ... I think I'm on a roll with these words.

10/03/2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Jen2 said...

haha.....$20 may be appropriate....maybe not.

10/04/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wait -- are you talking about my stating the picture quaility wasn't fabulous? I just meant it was so pixely that no one but those who really knew the people in the picture would recognize us. Ha. Not that I don't agree with what you said. :) It's quite true.

Jen2, are you saying I should have found more than 20 dollars for this story? Ha! I didn't think it was that bad! Oh well....tack on 20 more bucks -- just to be safe.

10/04/2006 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home