August 07, 2006

Well, this is a first. I'm a little nervous...

1. One book that changed your life (other than the Bible):
I'm sorry, that's confidential intel on need-to-know basis only; I'll have to see your security clearance...
2. One book you've read more than once:
Do you want the list? I have no shame - I have closed a book, flipped it over and started it again. Of course these were fiction and when I was a bit younger. One that comes to mind specifically is Mara, Daughter of the Nile.
3. One book you'd want on a Desert Island:
Is the Bible a prohibited answer to all of these? Then something quite extensive and mentally stimulating...I have heard Freedom of the Will falls under this category - I'll go with that one.
4. One book that made you laugh:
The Phantom Tollbooth (basically, it's a book about grammar and words and usage, etc - and it is funny!).
5. One book that made you cry (or feel really sad):
Isaiah, 1 Choronicles (16!), non-Bible? - Grace Triumphant, maybe...no, Valley of Vision...
6. One book that you wish had been written:
I'm currently writing it.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
There are a couple books I think the world could have done without, but if they are here because of God's sovereign design, and He ultimately gets the glory (even from them having been written), then - no comment.
8. One Book You're Currently Reading:
"Book" is capitalized...does this indicate the Bible as an answer, per chance? I suppose not. Then Microsoft Access 2003, I think. What a read! The plot just sucks you in - I mean, it's for school.
9. One Book you've been meaning to read:
Again, the list?? I have many, many books all lined up to read - I even own most of them. So as soon as December 2007 rolls around, I hope this list will drastically diminish. Current authors on the list: whole lotta Piper, lotta Edwards, a couple Owen, bit of Spurgeon, pinch of Pink, Grudem, Nancy Wilson, maybe Doug Wilson too, et cetera and so forth.
10. Now tag five people:
I seriously doubt anyone is going to even see this. But if you have run across this...you're it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Frank Martens said...

A list, with a touch of sarcasm.

too funny

8/08/2006 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree, nothing like a survey that is dripping with sarcasm.

8/08/2006 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. In the spirit of Romans 12:2 - the renewal of the mind, I wonder if you might be interested in my blogs - www.christinallthescriptures.blogspot.com & www.theologyofgcberkouwer.blogspot.com

8/08/2006 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home