July 04, 2007

Titus 2:11-14

-Why must I renounce ungodliness and worldly passions?
Because of my blessed hope of the appearing of the glory of my great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

[-What significance does He have?
He gave Himself for me in order to redeem me from all lawlessness and to purify me--to be zealous for good works--for Himself for his own possession.]


-And to what end do I repudiate ungodliness and worldly passions?
To live with self-control, uprightness, and godliness in the present age.

-How am I able to do this?
By the grace of God which was effectual to bring me salvation.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

Are you working on a catechism or something?

7/05/2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Craver Vii said...

Seriously--is this from a catechism? It is great to see you're still posting!

Some kids from my church will be in your general area for a B.U.M.P. youth missions project. I think they're helping a church with VBS and doing open-air evangelism.

7/10/2007 5:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It was really good for me to meditate on this passage and basically--hadn't thought of it until you guys said something--turn it into my very own little catechism.

Craver - that's fun that they're going to be--or probably were huh?--up in my little corner of the world! :) Where exactly were they? Minneapolis?

7/18/2007 10:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jen! i found your blog!!! how fun!

9/27/2007 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home