July 27, 2006

Incessant

Nice word. Perfect, in fact.

Here's a definition: What we are experiencing in the amount of media/entertainment bombardment on a daily basis.

How did I find this nifty little word? Well, I was coming back to work after lunch and rode up one of our elevators with another lady (she doesn't work in our building and had never before been in one of our elevators). It is the exact word she used upon realizing that we have mini televisions in our elevators. Yes...we do. They relay breaking news headlines, stock updates, advertisements, celebrity factoids, random facts, etc. ...Because none of us can handle standing in silence - subject to the wanderings of our own thoughts - for two minutes.

I know there have been many others who have gone before me and written on this common subject, so I shall not add too much more to the pot, for fear of sounding redundant and at a much lesser level than my peers.

But...incessant....
How right you are Elevator Lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home